The day is finally here. You have practiced, studied, and practiced some more. The last step is to make sure you are prepared for test day.
The Day Before
The day before the test, it’s important to relax. Don’t try to cram in last-minute practice. Instead, get some exercise. Exercise is a good way to relieve stress, and it will help you sleep better. It’s also important to gather everything you’ll need on test day the night before, that way you don’t forget anything and aren’t rushed the day of. Finally, get a good night's sleep. Sleep provides your brain the energy and focus it needs on test day.
The Day Of
On the day of the test, wake up early enough to give yourself plenty of time to get to the test center by the check-in time listed on your ticket. If you are late, you will not be admitted into the test. Make sure to eat a good breakfast so your body and brain are properly fueled. Lastly, don’t forget to grab everything you need.
What to Bring
It is very important to bring the following to the testing center:
- Your admission ticket, which can be printed from your online account.
- Photo identification, such as a passport, driver’s license, or school ID. Your identification must be original, rather than a photocopy or electronic version. The first and last names must match the names on your ticket, and the photo must be clearly recognizable as you.
- Four #2 pencils with good erasers.
- A calculator. Double-check that your calculator is permitted. Also, be sure to put in new batteries.
- A watch without an alarm. If you don’t have a watch, that’s okay. The testing supervisor will announce when there are five minutes remaining for each test.
- Water and a snack for the break.
What Not to Bring
It is just as important to know what not to bring. This includes:
- All electronics, other than a calculator.
- Personal items, such as textbooks, notes, or pens.
- Any other item not listed as something to bring.
The last thing you need to remember on test day is to be confident! You have prepared for this day. You are ready. Now go show them what you know!
Haven’t started preparing for the ACT or SAT? It’s never too late!
Are you an educator? Contact us to chat about how we can work with you.